What Kinds Of Services Can You Expect Your Real Estate Lawyer To Provide?

3 August 2017
 Categories: , Blog

Whether you currently hold several pieces of real estate that need to be managed or you're planning to buy or sell property, you'll need the help of a real estate attorney to ensure that your best interests are always taken care of. Here are the kinds of services you can expect your new real estate lawyer to provide you with:

Agreement and Document Management

If you are entering into a purchase agreement or you need to review prospective contracts for homes you're considering purchasing, an experienced real estate agent can manage all of the agreements and documentations you're faced with in real estate dealings throughout the coming years.

Your real estate agent can also help manage any disputes that may arise from unfulfilled agreements or disputes with chains of titles. All real estate transfers will be thoroughly overseen to ensure that they're fair, legal, and binding.

Jointly Owned Property Partitions

If you're a joint owner of one or more properties and end up wanting to partition them in the future, you'll likely need the help of a professional real estate attorney to guide you through the process – especially if there are disputes between you and the other owners.

Your lawyer will help you to legally verify your right to partition, which is essential if you want to make changes to the property and another owner doesn't. They'll also be able to help you determine which types of partition actions you should take, and how to go about negotiating a deal between all owners that everyone is happy with.

In-Depth Property Research

When it comes to buying property, there is a lot of research that needs to be done to ensure that your investment is protected and you get the deal you deserve when all is said and done. A reliable real estate attorney will research things such as:

  • Title Clearance

  • Inspection Certificates

  • Lien Information

  • Power of Attorney Documents

  • Security Deposit Transfers

Ask the real estate lawyer you decide to work with to provide you with a list that outlines what type of property research they're prepared to do for you.

Certificate of Insurance Transfers

If you need to have insurance transferred to or from your name during a real estate transaction, your real estate lawyer should be able and willing to get the job done for you. You may also have to purchase certificates of insurance if the need for construction is part of any of your real estate deals. Your attorney will validate all your certificates of insurance and make sure that all the rules are properly followed so you don't face a lapse or cancellation in your insurance.